Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

My garden is your garden...

It has been almost two months since we moved up north. We may have switched towns, but not our green fingers. I'm happy to say that my mother in law's garden now has some new greeneries, mostly herbs and everyday veggies. In the peace and tranquility of a new less fast-paced town, I have a very enjoyable time in the garden. This time, we purchased some green vegetable seeds and also some local herbs and plant them in the backyard. We're planning to get a goose to play security guard for the house (my hubby's sense of humor can be really funny sometimes). Meanwhile our previous house has been rented to my sister in law. Our old garden has been neglected for nearly two months and I'm happy to have somebody to look after it when my in law moved in. She has finally settled down and I have helped her to trim the tiny garden  and everything is at least okay for the time being. How they are going to look like in the future is totally up to her....
Anyhow, yesterday, my hubby cooked a Thai Red Chicken Curry using the herbs that I've planted ...he made used of the thai basil leaves, lemongrass, and chillies...and they were absolutely delicious. I made the spicy sambal belacan and as a salad condiment, I made use of the Ulam Raja Leaves that has grown taller than myself when we were away. What a spendid idea it was to plant them in my backyard! It was totally worth all the effort! And now, my sister in law will have a ready made herb garden for her to use and I hope she will have a great time using them as I have....

No comments:

Post a Comment