Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

A trip to the nursery

The wangi malam & in the background is the frangipani flower. 
Yesterday was a fun day. My mother-in-law wanted to buy a ready-grown frangipani tree for  her front porch. When I moved up to Kulim, I brought 2 pink frangipani tree that I had grown for the last few months and they are still relatively small. Since the trees will take at least a year to reach the height that she wanted, a ready-grown tree is ideal for this occasion. So, off we go looking for the perfect tree in a nursery near Bukit Mertajam. We stopped in a place called Machang Bubok, for our lunch. There was a roadside stall and its specialty was noodles! So I ordered a mee laksa, mama  prefered mee rebus special (with  additional beef) and anaz ordered laksa special (laksa with the addition of spicy beancurd sambal). They were delicious!! Even when I went home, I still could remember the tastiness of  that laksa! Now, writing about them have made salivating all over again...and  hopefully we could go there again tomorrow! Anyway, mama got what she wanted ~ the perfect pink  frangipani tree for only RM35.00 (the original price was 38, but we got a RM3 discount...). She also bought another tree for RM35 ~ I think it is called "wangi malam". No, it is not the harum sundal malam tree....this one is almost like jasmine tree, but the leaves are smaller, and the flowers are also smaller, although they are white ~ also similar to melor and jasmine. That night,  the flowers' scent could be smelled stronger that a normal air freshener, and they were amazing because at night the scent seemed to be more intense and the cool night breeze seemed to be carrying the smell across the house ~ I can smell them in the kitchen and also in the back garden...My mother in-law was so pleased that she was determined to get two more of this tree for her garden. I think I agree with her....and with that price, it will be   a really good buy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment